26 decembrie 2011 | postat de altinnuendo
* Metallica au decis să marcheze aniversarea a 30 de ani de activitate printr-o serie de concerte. O retrospectivă video a acestora a fost postată online şi poate fi urmărită mai jos:
* Săptămâna aceasta, chitaristul Korn, James "Munky" Shaffer, a acordat un interviu site-ului IHeartGuitarBlog.com, în cadrul căruia vorbeşte despre noul album al trupei, "The Path Of Totality", ce a fost lansat pe data de 6 decembrie la Roadrunner Records. Câteva fragmete pot fi citite mai jos:
IHeartGuitarBlog.com: How did the collaborations on "The Path Of Totality" happen? Did you work together in the studio? Did you send off recorded parts?
Munky: "It was kind of mixed up. We started out with Skrillex and we worked in the studio with him on the first track, which was "Get Up". So we were actually working with him in person. And also with Downlink and Excision. Noisia, those guys are from the Netherlands, so we just send tracks through the air. They sent them back and Jonathan was in communication with them. So it was kinda different with each artist and producer."
IHeartGuitarBlog.com: It must have been a cool challenge to figure out exactly where the guitar would fit amongst all the other stuff going on.
Munky: "I mean, on a lot of the tracks it seemed really like, "Where am I gonna put the guitar? Where is it gonna fit?" And it was challenging for me. Rhythmically, it was really kinda busy and I was trying to find the right space and the right notes. It's like a boxing match - you bob and weave to sort of get your punch in there."
IHeartGuitarBlog.com: When I heard about what you were going to do with this album, I thought it'd remind me of the electronic edge to "See You On The Other Side" with regards to the electronic stuff, but instead it gives me a bit of a vibe like "Untouchables" in terms of how experimental it is.
Munky: "I guess I can't really compare it to any other of our other records, except I guess "Untouchables" is the first in the sense that we were using different sounds and recording techniques and kind of trying to create more of a sonic boom on that record than anything. And I think this record has that familiarity to the rhythms, of what makes Korn "Korn"."
IHeartGuitarBlog.com: It's interesting that you have such a definable sound that so many people have tried to copy but you're not afraid to really push it in another direction and mess with it.
Munky: "I think our fans understand that. I hope that our fans understand that sort of creative change that we feel like we need to do, that we need to follow throughout our career."
IHeartGuitarBlog.com: There were so many bands who copied you and they're all gone but you're still here.
Munky: "I know! It's really mind-blowing when I think about it. But I've just got to kind of look forward and move through it, not look back. I mean, I look back for a minute and go, "Oh, look, that's cool!" but then keep moving forward to whatever your calling is."
Interviul poate fi citit în întregime aici.
* Trupa americană de alternative metal Chevelle a lansat un nou videoclip, pentru piesa 'Face To The Floor'. Aceasta reprezintă primul single de pe albumul "Hats Off To The Bull", lansat pe data de 6 decembrie la casa de discuri Epic. Noul clip, regizat de Paul R. Brown, poate fi vizionat mai jos:
Solistul trupei, Pete Loeffler, a caracterizat versurile piesei astfel:
"The lyrics are about all the people who have been taken advantage of. I reference Bernie Madoff and his Ponzi scheme. He raked people over the coals, stole and is a terrible person. One day, these people have everything, and the next day it's completely gone."
* Trupa Storm Corrosion, formată din Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield) şi Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth) se pregăteşte să lanseze primul album de studio. Acesta va fi autointitulat şi va apărea în luna aprilie a anului viitor la casa de discuri Roadrunner Records. Deocamdată, alte detalii nu au fost dezvăluite.
Pe lângă Wilson şi Åkerfeldt, la realizarea albumului au mai contribuit şi Gavin Harrison (tobe, Porcupine Tree), Ben Castle (instrumente de suflat) şi Dave Stewart (instrumente cu coarde).
Momentan, atât Steven Wilson cât și Mikael Åkerfeldt (alături de colegii săi de la Opeth) se află într-un turneu mondial de promovare a ultimelor lor materiale discografice lansate în această toamnă: "Grace For Drowning" şi, respectiv, "Heritage".
* Solistul trupei islandeze de post-rock Jónsi a lansat un nou videoclip pentru piesa 'Gathering Stories', ce face parte de pe soundtrack-ul peliculei "We Bought A Zoo". Noul clip, ce poate fi vizionat mai jos, a fost realizat de compania de film Crush Creative:
* O piesă înregistrată de trupa Radiohead în anii '90, dar care nu a fost niciodată lansată până în prezent, poate fi acum ascultată online. Titlul exact nu este cunoscut, printre variantele propuse fiind 'How Do You Sit Still?' sau 'Putting Ketchup In The Fridge'.
Luna trecută, alte două vechi demo-uri Radiohead au fost uploadate pe Youtube de către o veche cunoştinţă a trupei. Acestea fuseseră înregistrate iniţial pentru caseta "On A Friday". dar nu au mai fost incluse în cele din urmă pe material.